[ Home ] [ Up ]
CENSUS & CENSUS
- Dungannon Estates, Ranfurly Documents - Rentals / PRONI DOD235 [FHL
CHURCH RECORDS & HISTORY
- CARSON, J. T. The Rev. James Foster of Newmills, 1850-1890 and the Bush
That Burned in Tyrone. Presbyterian Historical Society.
- MARSHALL, John J. Vestry Records of the Church of St. John, Parish of
- McLEAN, R. J. The Old Meeting House at Carland: Being a History of
Carland Presbyterian Church; Dungannon. 1996. Dungannon.
- *Miscellaneous Dungannon Pedigree / PRONI T1133 [FHL 0258618]
- ANDERSON, Robert Hall. Family descent of Anderson of Flush and Bawn
Sixmilecross, Co. Tyrone, from 1543 to 1977. 1977. Omagh : Tyrone
- BELMORE, Earl of. The History of the Two Ulster Manors of Finagh in the
County of Tyrone, and Coole, Otherwise Manor Atkinson, in the County of
Fermanagh, and of their Owners. (Includes the families of Lowery, Atkinson,
Champion, Corry, and Armar). 1881. London, Dublin.
- BLAIR, Howard White. The Blair family : a genealogical study of the
Blair family from the time of Samuel Blair of County Tyrone, Ireland, 1768
who settled in York County, South Carolina to the time of his descendants of
present day, 1989. 1989. Valdese, N.C. : H.W. Blair.
- BOWMAN, James Ray. Mathews family record; descendants of John and Sarah
Mathews of County Tyrone, Northern Ireland. 1953. Washington.
- CAMPBELL, Rev. F. The Genealogy of Robert Campbell, a Record of the
Descendants of Robert Campbell of County Tyrone. 1909. Brooklyn, New
- CAMPBELL, Frederic. The Robert Campbell genealogy, a record of the
descendants of Robert Campbell of County Tyrone. 1909. Brooklyn,
- DAVIS, Hope W. The descendants of Alexander Kerr of Tyrone County,
Northern Ireland : mid 1700's through 1994. 1995. Salisbury, N.C.: H.W.
- DEVELIN, Joseph Chubb. The O'Delevins of Tyrone: The Story of an Irish
Sept, Now Represented by the Families of Devlin, Develin, Develyn, Develon,
and Devellen. 1938. Rutland, Vermont.
- DURANT, William. The White genealogy: a history of the descendants of
Matthew and Elizabeth (Given) White of County Tyrone, Ireland, and Albany,
New York. 1951. Washington.
- FULLER, James F. Pedigree of the Hamilton Family of Fermegan, County
Tyrone. 1889. London.
- GODFREY, Ernest H. (comp). The Lindesays of Loughry, County Tyrone; A
Genealogical History. 1949. London: H. H. Greaves.
- GROH, Waunita Farrier. Simpson sons and daughters, 1735-1986 :
descendants of Thomas Simpson and Elizabeth McFarland of the Scottish
Lowlands and County Tyrone, Ireland. 1986. Port Charlotte, Fla. : W.F.
- JOHNSTON, C. N. John Blaw Of Castlehill: Jacobite And Criminal.
Edinburgh: Blackwood, 1916.
- MEEHAN, Rev. Charles Patrick. The Fate and Fortunes of Hugh O'Neill,
Earl of Tyrone, Rory O'Donel, Earl of Tyrconnel; Their Flight from Ireland,
and Death in Exile. 1870. Dublin: J. Duffy.
- MITCHEL, John. The life and times of Aodh O'Neill, prince of Ulster. 1868.
New York: P. M. Haverty.
- MULLINS, Fenton P. F. McFingal of Tyrone. 1889. Philadelphia: J. D.
- MURRAY, James. Letter of James Murray of New York to Rev. Baptist Boyd
of county Tyrone, Ireland. 1925. Metuchen, N.J..
- NIXON, Robert Henry. Nixon-Ellison Genealogy the Nixon and Ellison
families who came to Adams County, Ohio in the 1790's and early 1800's from
County Tyrone, Ireland. Also records of Halls, Lovejoys, and McCutchens. 1970.
Cincinnati, Ohio: privately printed. London, New York : Longmans, Green and
- O'FAOLAIN, Sean The Great O'Neill; A Biography of Hugh O'Neill, Earl of
Tyrone, 1550-1616. A study of his life and times of his war with Elizabeth
and Essex. 1942.
- ROBINSON, Jamie. Siblings and descendants of Martha (McMullen) and
James Robinson (1770-1/5/1845) of County Tyrone, Ireland, and their Irish
and US descendants…1989. Smithfield, PA : Jamie Robinson.
- WALSH, Micheline Kerney. An exile of Ireland, Hugh O'Neill, Prince of
Ulster. 1996. Blackrock, Co. Dublin : Four Courts Press.
- WALSH, _____. Destruction by peace : Hugh O Neill after Kinsale :
Glanconcadhain 1602 - Rome 1616. 1986. Dublin : Cumann Seanchais Ard
- WALSH, Fr. Paul (ed.) The Will and Family of Hugh O'Neill, 2nd Earl of
Tyrone (with appendix of Genealogies). 1930. Dublin.
- WRIGHT, Hazel Sproul. Robert Sproule of Miami County, Ohio, formerly of
County Tyrone, Ireland, and some of his descendants with lineage of families
allied by marriage 1775-1966. 1966. Lincoln, R.I.
- BELMORE, Earl of [Richard Lowry Somerset]. Descriptive notes on the
Irish historical atlas (1609) the old castles of county Tyrone. 1903.
Belfast, MCaw, Stevenson & Orr, limited.
- GAINSFORD, Thomas. The history of the Earle of Tirone. 1968.
Amsterdam:Theatrum Orbis Terrarum.
- HARPUR, Paddy. Carrick in my time. 1993. Northern Ireland : Harpur
- HUTCHINSON, W. R. Tyrone Precinct; A History of the Plantation
Settlement of Dungannon and Mountjoy to Modern Times. 1951. Belfast:W.
- JOHNSTON, Jack. In the days of the Clogher Valley : photographs of the
Clogher Valley and its railway, 1887-1942. 1987. Belfast : Friar's Bush
- KILROY, Thomas. The O'Neill. 1995. Loughcrew, Oldcastle, County
Meath, Ireland : Gallery Books.
- M`CAHAN, Robert. Knocklayd Mountain And Valley Of Glentow.
Coleraine, [no date]
- MacEVOY, John. Statistical survey of the county of Tyrone, with
observations on the means of improvement: drawn up in the years 1801, and
1802, for the consideration, and under the direction of the Dublin society. 1802.
Dublin: Graisberry and Campbell.
- McDONNELL, Pat. They wrought among the tow : flax and linen in County
Tyrone, 1750-1900. 1990. Belfast, Northern Ireland : Ulster Historical
- McEVOY, John. County of Tyrone : a statistical survey. 1991.
Belfast : Friar's Bush Press.
- MARSHALL, J. J. The History of Charlemont Fort and the Borough in the
County of Armagh and of Mountjoy Fort in County Tyrone. 1921.
- MITCHELL, Brian. (ed)Australia-- the early years : from reports in the
Derry Journal. 1988. Derry, Northern Ireland : Genealogy Centre, North
West Centre for Learning and Development.
- MORGAN, Hiram. Tyrone's Rebellion : the outbreak of the Nine Years War
in Tudor Ireland. 1993. London : Royal Historical Society.
- SAMSON, Tho., Gent. A narrative of the late Popish Plot in Ireland, for
the subjugating thereof to the French king : together with the proceedings
against, and tryal of the Earl of Tyrone, and others who were accused for
carrying on the same : containing the several examinations of Hubbart
Bourke, Edward Ivie, John Macnemarrah, and Thomas Samson, Gent., upon
information taken before the Lord Lieutenant and Council of Ireland. London
: Printed for Sam. Lee and Dan. Major.
- SMYTH, Pat. Cregganconroe : the adventures of a national assistance man
in West Tyrone, 1943-1953. 1995. Lurgan, Co. Armagh : P. Smyth.
- TYRONE, Earl of [Richard Power]. The information of John Macnamara,
Gent. touching the Popish plot in Ireland carried on by the conspiracies of
the Earl of Tyrone and others his confederates, to deliver up that kingdom
to the French King and establish the Popish religion therein; being all
matter of fact, delivered upon oath to His Majesty and both Houses of
Parliament, in Novemb. 1680. London: R. Taylor.
MAPS & LAND RECORDS
- M'ALEER, P. Townland names of County Tyrone with their meanings. 1987.
Owenreagh, Draperstown, N. Ireland : Moyola Books.
- O'KANE, William. Heather, peat, and stone : the parishes and townlands
of County Tyrone. 1992. Dungannon, Co. Tyrone : Irish World.
- FELDMAN, Allen. The Northern fiddler : Music and musicians of Donegal
and Tyrone. 1979. Dundonald, Belfast : Blackstaff Press.
- GRIFFITH, Richard. Geological and Mining Surveys of the Coal Districts
of the Counties of Tyrone and Antrim in Ireland. 1829. Dublin:Grainsbury.
- PORTLOCK, J. E. Report on the Geology of the County of Londonderry, and
of Parts of Tyrone and Fermanagh. 1843. Dublin:Milliken.